The 2017 Energy Science Lecture
BF2RA is pleased to announce preliminary details of the 2017 Energy Science Lecture that will be presented by Dr Arshad Mansoor, Senior Vice President of R&D at the Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI).
Arshad’s lecture titled “The Integrated Energy Network” will be given at Prince Philip House, 3 Carlton House Terrace, London at circa. 1400hrs on 2nd October 2017 (exact timing tbc) .
Further details about the lecture itself and the programme for earlier in the day that will include a technical session late morning and a buffet luncheon will be given later.
The Advanced Power Generation Technology Forum (APGTF) is an industry-led stakeholder group that is not associated with any single interest or source of funding. It provides a consistent, long-term, proactive technology focus for the power generation sector in the UK on the research, development and demonstration activities for fossil fuels, with the main focus on carbon abatement technologies (CATs) including carbon capture and storage (CCS). However, it also provides a focus for associated technologies including: large-scale fossil generation >1MW; heat, including waste heat utilisation; CHP; biomass; hydrogen production from fossil fuels; and environmental control technology.
The objectives of the APGTF are to provide the strategic focus in the UK on near-to-zero and zero emission technologies from fossil fuel, biomass and associated technologies so as to ensure that
- Strategies are developed and implemented within the UK and globally that support the UK's climate change goal of reducing CO2 emissions both within the UK and abroad
- The UK has secure, clean, affordable energy as we become increasingly dependent on imported fuels
- UK industry has the technologies to allow it to take advantage of the UK and global market opportunities that will arise in the power generation sector
- Collaboration and knowledge sharing are promoted in the power generation and energy supply sector
- There is a significant contribution to UK wealth creation